By David Ulrich Ed. D
Greetings to MCSD parents and patrons,
The 2017-18 Academic Calendar has been finalized. A link to a printable version is included below, but I wanted to take the opportunity to highlight some items:
· Students’ first day will be Monday, 28 August.
· Students will continue to have a full week for the Thanksgiving holiday (November 20th through 24th.) Parents and staff overwhelmingly indicated support for this to remain in the calendar.
· There will no longer be Friday afternoon early release days. This time has been recaptured in the form of full-day professional development as well as teacher work time at the elementary level. I am happy to report this will increase instructional time by 2 days in the elementary schools and 4 days at the secondary level!
o Secondary Schools will have 4 days throughout the year for professional development.
o Elementary Schools will have 6 days throughout the year for professional development and teacher work time.
· The Christmas holiday break is December 25th through January 8th.
· Spring Break is March 19th through the 23rd
· The academic calendar still ends prior to Memorial Day.
I believe this calendar is a great reflection of the commitment to improving teacher practice while maximizing instruction time.
David Ulrich Ed.D
Moffat County School District Re-1
Our Mission: MCSD will educate and inspire students to thrive in an environment of change.